Bohema (20 Szwedzka Steet, Warsaw), an unique project on a global scale has opened its doors. The grand opening took place on 27 September. The revitalized buildings of the 19th century factory will be supplemented with new buildings, and the whole will create an unique zone in which flats, offices, retail and service areas as well as space for cultural and social activities will be created.
Live and work: here!
The project is an unique idea of a new living space in Warsaw. It provides a combination of various functions: residential, service, commercial, office, cultural and social. On the one hand, Bohema is to refer to the environment in which it is created and to be open to it. On the other, it has to complement what is missing in the area, i.e. modern office space or residential space.
Bohema is a place open to the city, both figuratively and literally. It is open to the urban rhythm of life twenty-four-hour. Open to the city also by its location: great communication, located directly at the Szwedzka metro station, which is planned to open in 2019, at the same time as the first stage of Bohema will be completed. In the neighborhood there are roads, outgoing routes, trams and buses. The Wileński Railway Station is also nearby.
- Bohema will be a special place - emphasizes Arie Koren, OKAM Capital CEO - Bohema is an investment that defies traditional classifications: because it is not just flats, not just a commercial and office space. It is an urban space that, in addition to performing these functions, refers to the tradition of urban squares, where social life took place. I am proud that OKAM is an investor and the originator of this project - adds Koren.
In the first stage, there will be buildings in which 303 apartments will be located. Two intimate 6-floors buildings and one 4-floors will give you the comfort of living. Apartments will be between 27 and 135 m2. The new buildings thanks to the large brick surfaces will refer with external architecture to the existing historical buildings after the former Pollena factory. The elevations will also feature steel balustrades, which correspond to the technical elements of the industrial buildings. The demolition brick will be used in the common parts of the existing facilities. Construction starts at the turn of 2017 and 2018 and will end at the turn of the third and fourth quarter of 2019.
- Many people are looking for a place to live, which will have a climate. This is certain in Bohema - says Marcin Michalec, Sales Director at OKAM – apartments which giving comfort thanks to modern architectural solutions, are deeply rooted in the tradition of this place. The post-industrial atmosphere will be maintained by using bricks on the facades. While living in Bohema, you can take full advantage of the city's amenities. And if you fancy a trip to the center, it's only a few minutes by metro ... - emphasizes Michalec.
Over 14 500 m2 of commercial space will be waiting for guests and tenants. The unique climate in a post-industrial environment, modern amenities and high quality finish are the important advantages of this place. The central point of Bohema is the square with a chimney. The square is intended for social, cultural and artistic events, and its public space will be used for concerts, performances, cinema, events, etc.
- The area around the chimney was conceived as a place for meetings and relax. The chimney has a chance to become a Prague „rotunda” - older Varsovians remember that the rotunda was a place where everyone was arranging to meet: on dates, meeting friends or going shopping together - says Arie Koren, CEO of OKAM Group. Bohema is a place that guarantees its residents, tenants and guests all the necessary amenities and the power of cultural and entertainment attractions.
A modern dimension of history
In the industrial facilities of the former Pollena factory and newly built buildings, the urban concept combines history with modernity is rising. The design of Prague's Bohema has already been awarded in 2016 in the prestigious Wienerberger Brick Award competition. The motivation for the award for Bohema emphasized the skillful continuation of the scale and character of the historical development of Prague and the creation of an attractive public space surrounded by new residential buildings and relics of industrial buildings.
The project was prepared by the Group 5 Architects studio, and the commercial part located around the chimney, covering the buildings of the Warzelnia, Kotłownia and Glicerynownia by the SUD Architects studio.
History takes on a new life in Bohema. The revitalized buildings will keep their historical names.
In Warzelnia, Glicerynownia and Kotłownia, located closest to the residential part and in the immediate vicinity of the chimney, there will be services, restaurants, cafes, a brewery, galleries, etc. Local entrepreneurs, producers and craftsmen will also find their place here. The renovation of these buildings will be completed at the end of 2019.
The sale of the residential part is carried out by the sales department of OKAM. OKAM sells and rents a commercial part, and the sole agent for renting commercial space is CBRE.
Bohema - urban dimension:
- 4.3 h of space restored to the city
- 303 apartments in the first stage
- over 14,500 sq. meters of commercial space for rent
- 9 historic buildings and a chimney
- 3 new buildings - stage I
- entrance directly at the new Szwedzka metro station
- 11 minutes by tram from Bankowy Square